Nintendo's Nindies@Night event will promote all the indie games headed to the console in the coming months. A new Nindies Showcase video details 20 of those games.
Nintendo's Nindies@Night event will go down on 01 September starting at 4:30 AM BST and ending at 8:00 AM BST (31 August from 8:30 p.m. to midnight PT). In a new Nindies Showcase video, Nintendo detailed 20 new games that'll be coming to Switch.
Let's list those new games and see what we'll be dealing with:
- Super Meat Boy Forever (Team Meat): A sequel to Super Meat Boy from 2010. Players will once again get the chance to leap off walls, dodge buzz saws and perform other physics defying feats only possible in the world of 2D platforming. This one is named "Forever" because the idea is to make every beaten level even harder for you the next time you give it a shot. Super Meat Boy Forever launches for Nintendo Switch in 2018.
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards (Yacht Club Games): This will be the final adventure in the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove saga. You'll be able to travel through four new worlds and complete 30 new courses to discover how King Knight ascended the throne. Shovel Knight: King of Cards launches on Nintendo Switch in early 2018.
Yacht Club Games
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture): "Seven years have passed since the events of No More Heroes, and The Bad is out for revenge on Travis Touchdown. Players will have to battle through multiple punk-rock levels and defeat over-the-top bosses." Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch in 2018. More details will be revealed in the future.
- Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition (Cardboard Computer and Annapurna Interactive): Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition, includes the debut of the fifth and final act of the series, launches on Nintendo Switch in early 2018.
- SteamWorld Dig 2 (Image & Form Games)
- Dragon: Marked for Death (IntiCreates): This side-scroller lets you go through its 30 quests by yourself or with up to three friends. Dragon: Marked for Death launches exclusively on Nintendo Switch this winter.
- Battle Chef Brigade (Trinket Games and Adult Swim): Battle Chef Brigade has 2D animation, combo-based action and a vague promise of food. They had me at "food". The game launches first on Nintendo Switch this holiday season.
Image & Form
- Golf Story (Sidebar Games): It lets you play golf and it's an RPG. Golf Story launches exclusively on Nintendo Switch in September.
- Floor Kids (MERJ): This is a rhythm-based action game that lets its players "bust out fresh moves, earn respect and recruit dancers through a variety of locations". I think that the board of directors agrees they are all "down with the youths". Floor Kids launches first on Nintendo Switch this holiday season.
- Wulverblade (Fully Illustrated and Darkwind Media): Set in war-torn ancient Britain, Wulverblade features hand-drawn 2D animation. The two-player co-op game launches first on Nintendo Switch in September.
- Poly Bridge (Dry Cactus): This one reminds me of the Bridge Architect game I used to kill time playing. Fun. Poly Bridge launches as a console exclusive on Nintendo Switch this holiday season.
- Earth Atlantis (Pixel Perfex and Headup Games): "As one of the last survivors of humanity, players must explore an underwater world and hunt down monstrous creature/machine hybrids in this side-scrolling shooter." Earth Atlantis launches first on Nintendo Switch this fall.
- Next Up Hero (Digital Continue and Aspyr Media): You'll die no matter what. Now back to the game. After your character dies in-game, an echo is left behind. He who comes after you can revive you into an AI companion. You can wield bongo drums in this game. Maybe that's why the characters die. Next Up Hero launches on Nintendo Switch in early 2018.
- Mom Hid My Game (KEMCO): It's all in the name. Mom Hid My Game launches for both Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems later this year with exclusive stages.
- Mulaka (Lienzo): This game was inspired by northern Mexico and the indigenous Tarahumara culture. The character runs kind of funny but he can turn into all sorts of animals so I guess we'll let that running thing slide. Mulaka launches on Nintendo Switch in 2018 with exclusive features and functionality.
- Yono and the Celestial Elephants (Neckbolt Games and Plug In Digital): Yono is a little elephant that can open chests with his trunk and I assume kills with cuteness. Yono and the Celestial Elephant launches as a console exclusive on Nintendo Switch on Oct. 12.
- Morphies Law (Cosmoscope): Morphies are robots that steal mass from their enemies so their team avatar can grow. The tallest avatar wins. Morphies Law launches as a console exclusive for Nintendo Switch this winter.
- Sausage Sports Club (Luckshot Games): "A physics-based sports game about adorable floppy-necked animals competing in a reality TV show". This could easily be the synopsis of every reality TV show ever. The multiplayer game launches first on Nintendo Switch this fall.
- Light Fingers (Numizmatic): This is a multiplayer board game with "lots of loot". "With procedurally generated boards, players will never play the same game twice. Light Fingers launches first on Nintendo Switch in early 2018."
- Nine Parchments (Frozenbyte): Co-op RPG with magic and spells for up to four players. Nine Parchments launches for Nintendo Switch this holiday season.
Whoa, that was a lot. Enjoy the Nindies@Night event.