Worms Rumble is now available for Nintendo Switch and Xbox. The release is accompanied by a new arena which players from all platforms will be able to claim for free.
Worms Rumble has rolled onto Nintendo Switch and Xbox. The game is now also available via the Epic Game Store. In celebration of the launch, Team 17 is also giving away a brand-new, and free, arena - Spaceport Shutdown - now available across all platforms.
Worms Rumble new Spaceport Shutdown arena
The Spaceport Shutdown arena will take the players above the stratosphere, where the Earth's gravity isn't what it used to be a couple of kilometres back. The low-gravity mechanic slows the action down during battle and joins the existing available maps: Deadly Dockyard, Battlegrounds Bank, Missile Mall, Portal Park, and Transforming Towers.
Rounding out the out-of-this-world aesthetic of the new arena are the new extra-terrestrial premium skins, banners, and emotes. A free exclusive outfit, the Series Green Hoodie, will be available to Xbox players, while the rumblers on Nintendo Switch can enjoy the free Patchwork Bear outfit.
Worms Rumble key features
- Worms Rumble's six different multiplayer arenas admit up to 32 players. Five solo and team-based modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and the battle royale mode, Last Worm Standing.
- Cross-play matchmaking baked in.
- Customization options range from full-on outfits to hats, eye colour and teeth shape. Weapon customization is also available and highly encouraged.
- Loot boxes peppered around the arena will bestow a bunch of weapons and items including the inspirational Sheep Launcher, Holy Hand Grenade, and Grapple Gun.
- New unlockable skins are available via the time-limited event Lab mode.
A physical release for Worms Rumble is coming to all console platforms on 13 July. The Nintendo Switch physical edition will feature the case and a downloadable game code.