Loop Hero was released only a few days ago, and it's already looking to be the next breakout success on Steam, as it sits comfortably in second place on the Best-selling games chart, with only Valheim in front of it.
For more than a month now, Valheim has been at the top of the best-selling games on the Steam platform. Everyone plays Valheim. Your grandmother plays Valheim. Your crush plays.. ok, she doesn't play, because if she played you would surely play too.
You got the picture. Over 5 million Vikings are online on their computers, building Notre Dame cathedrals , and just having a really good time with Iron Gate's hit survival game.
Slowly, out of nowhere, quietly from the shadow of the indie community and dark forums, a new pixelated contestant breaks through the list of powerful and overwhelming titles from the Steam page (GTA V, is that you AGAIN? Dear God.) and catches up with the strong, muscular Valheim.
The name of our hero is Loop Hero. The 2nd position on Steam's best-selling chart and 95% positive ratings from enthusiastic Steam users makes this game Overwhelmingly Positive.
What is this all about? Well, Loop Hero is a very addictive indie game, published by Devolver Digital (whose opus we are a big fan of, btw), with very unusual gameplay, that mixes card-building, roguelike, auto-combat, RPG and strategy:
- Infinite Adventure: Select from unlockable character classes and deck cards before setting out on each expedition along a randomly generated loop path. No expedition is ever the same as the ones before it.
- Plan Your Struggle: Strategically place building, terrain, and enemy cards along each loop to create your own dangerous path. Find balance between the cards to increase your chances of survival while recovering valuable loot and resources for your camp.
- Loot and Upgrade: Strike down menacing creatures, recover stronger loot to equip on the fly and unlock new perks along the way.
- Expand Your Camp: Turn hard-earned resources into campsite upgrades and gain valuable reinforcements with each completed loop along the expedition path.
- Save the Lost World: Overcome a series of unholy guardian bosses over a grand saga to save the world and break the time loop of the Lich.
Loop Hero was released on March 4, 2021, and it's currently available for Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store.