Valorant's latest patch 3.09 brought some changes to the Classic weapon and moved some assets around on Fracture. The devs have also consolidated some paths into the game servers.
Valorant just got a fresh patch that serves to usher in the new Valorant Act III Battlepass and a whole Competitive refresh. We'll have to wait a bit longer for the new Agent to drop in patch 3.10, but the fans have a newly honed Classic weapon and a feng shui-ed Fracture to tide them over until then.
The devs have reduced the Classic's effective accuracy while the player is jumping, running and walking. This was done so the players start using it only in really close ranges. The defending team should, from now on, have an easier time contesting the B Arcade attacker barrier when playing on Fracture.
Full patch notes for Valorant patch 3.09
The Classic has been over-performing in close to mid-range encounters when used while jumping or on the move. So the devs have decreased the weapon’s effective accuracy while jumping, running, and walking, with the intent of narrowing its ideal use case to only really close ranges.
- Walking firing error changed .05 >>> .6 (the total error is 2.5 when walking, up from 1.95)
- Running firing error changed .2 >>> 1.3 (total error is 3.2 when running, up from 2.1)
- Jumping firing error changed from 1.1 >>> 2.1 (the total error is 4.0 when jumping, up from 3.0)
- The B Arcade attacker barrier has been shifted back towards Attacker Side Bridge, to allow defenders to more easily contest the area
- The defender barrier at A Rope was moved up to the top of ropes to make it easier for Sentinels to prepare.
- A Hall orb shifted into a more neutral space, making it less favourable for attackers.
- A new piece of cover in Attacker spawn was added to mess with the long sightline from Hall entrance to B Main, which should relieve some pressure from attackers when defenders fast flank
Game system updates
- Fixed jittery movement that could occur when stopping or changing directions on a zipline or rope. This was most noticeable when repeatedly moving a small amount and stopping.
- Observers using gamepad controllers will no longer be locked out of the X/Y axes when speeding up with the right bumper (R1).
- Observers now have the option to set handedness for teams.
- When this option is toggled, observers will see players that start the match on the attacker as right-handed, and players that start the match on defender will be left-handed.
- One path for all traffic into game servers - if you have a preferred server, don't panic if you're having trouble locating it. The devs didn't remove any servers, they just consolidated what was two paths into the game servers into one.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the default Act Rank badge to display on Unrated game loading screens.
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam on the Breeze door in order to destroy or see through the door when it's lowered.
- Fixed random spots where Cypher could not place Spycam in the same area.
- Fixed bug that displayed Jett’s 1P Updraft visuals incorrectly.