Tropico 6 has a new Festival DLC coming to PC today and PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 1. The new DLC adds new musical additions and a new party outfit for El Prez among other things.
Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Realmforge Studios are launching Tropico 6’s brand-new Festival DLC.
Starting today, PC players can jump in and take part in the celebrations while PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players will get the Festival DLC on Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
The DLC will have special challenges where players can plan and manage a series of celebrations, while combating 'The Boredom' – an evil, fun-fighting force that threatens to thwart all festivities on the sun-soaked isles of Tropico.
Festival also adds a unique party planning mechanic to Tropico 6, allowing players to host 20+ types of festivals. Four distinctive, themed areas will be included for players to throw parties as well as new buildings such as the Dance School, Balloon and Fireworks factory to get the party started.
Players will also be able to enjoy a host of new musical additions, alongside a snazzy party outfit for El Prez and a paint job for the presidential palace.
Here's the breakdown of the new Festival DLC:
- New ‘Festival’ mechanic: host 20+ types of festivals each based off different eras and ensure your soirees are the talk of the town for years to come
- New scenario-driven campaign: take on The Boredom – an ancient evil threatening to engulf Tropico in clouds of mundanity and mind-numbing activities
- 8 new buildings: make use of 4 new festival areas and ensure your parties are well equipped with new buildings like the Balloon Factory and Fireworks Factory
- Add a spring to your citizens’ step with the Dance School and keep your island visitor numbers healthy by adding a Ticket Shop for specific festivals
- 4 new tunes: keep the party going with an assortment of new tracks, each tailored to a different festival
- 3 new edicts: experiment with exciting new features like Funhouser Special, Customer Service and Laundry Festivals
- 2 new customization options: pick your perfect party outfit and set your palace to match