The Furious Wild is a first expansion pack for Creative Assembly's Total War Three Kingdoms. It brings four new factions and an extension to the map of the third century China. The release date is set for September 3, 2020.
Creative Assembly and SEGA have today officially announced a first expansion pack for their strategy title Total War: Three Kingdoms. Named The Furious Wild, this expansion is set to introduce a ton of fresh content including new factions, new regions on the map and much more.
The jungle-themed DLC will let you play as the formidable tribal warlords Meng Huo, King Mulu, Lady Zhurong and King Shamole. Creative Assembly also promise new unique mechanics and weapons of war that you'll get to unleash against the enemy. Flaming mace, blowpipe units, revered elephants and tigers are just some of the new additions.
Here's the breakdown of the new expansion:
- Four new playable factions embodying the best and bravest of a new culture; the Nanman
- 25+ new units including animal units
- Expanded map showcasing the lush but deadly jungles of southern China
- A new tech tree and faction mechanics
- Unique missions and narrative events bespoke for the Nanman culture
- Playable in 190 and 194 start dates
Last but not least, The Furious Wild also brings some free content and quality of life improvements for all players. There's also a new Han Warlord - Shi Xie, flame-firing Juggernaut artillery, Gate Battles and other free additions.