Pokemon Go is having a Special Raid Weekend soon. The Legendary Pokemon Latias and Latios will both be available in Raid Battles. The trade evolution mechanic from the main series is also making its way over to Pokemon Go.
Pokemon Go will host a Special Raid Weekend and the Legendary Pokemon Latias and Latios will both be available in Raid Battles. The event will start on 24 January 2020 at 9:00 pm GMT and end at the same time on 27 January 2020.
The upcoming event will feature the two Legendary Pokemon in five-star raids. Latias and Latios are both Dragon and Psychic-type, so it’ll be best to bring along your Dragon-type Pokemon, such as Rayquaza and Dialga.
The legendaries are also weak to Ice-, Bug-, Ghost-, Dark-, and Fairy-type attacks, so some recommended Pokemon to round out your Raid Battle teams would include Tyranitar, Togekiss and Mamoswine.
Trade evolution from the main series is also making its way over to Pokemon Go. This means that if you trade certain Pokemon using the mechanic, it will cost you no Candy to evolve them.
More Pokemon originally seen in the Unova region are also coming to Pokemon Go and you'll find that some of them will benefit from the addition of trade Evolution as well.
- How it works: Trade an eligible Pokemon to lower the Candy cost to evolve them.
- Which Pokemon can gain evolution benefits from trading?
These are some of the Pokemon that can now benefit from trade evolution. If you received one of these in a trade in the past, we'd like to extend our congratulations. The previously acquired Pokemon will retroactively qualify for no Candy cost when you evolve them.
- Pokemon originally discovered in the Unova region that benefit from trade evolution:
The listed Pokemon are now appearing in Pokemon Go and will be eligible for trade evolution benefits.
In addition to Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast, and Shelmet, more Pokemon will start appearing in the wild, raids and Eggs soon.
- Pokemon appearing in the wild: Roggenrola, Tympole, Dwebble, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, Shelmet, and more.
- Pokemon hatching from Eggs:
- 2 km Eggs: Venipede and Dwebble
- 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Tympole, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, and Shelmet
- 10 km Eggs: Timburr, Tirtouga, Archen, and Axew
- Pokemon appearing in raids: Timburr will also be available in one-star raids.
- Pokemon appearing in the wild in certain parts of the world:
- North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
- Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
- Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
- Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin