According to the latest rumour, the next major Assassin's Creed game is codenamed Warriors and will be set in Japan during the Edo period. The game will reportedly feature a female-only protagonist with a heavy focus on Japanese mythology.
Ubisoft are already working on the next major Assassin's Creed game which should be coming sometime in late 2022. Rumour has it, Ubisoft will release another Assassin's Creed game later this year but this would be a smaller title, similar in scope to Assassin's Creed Rogue.
Today, we have a couple of rumours about the Assassin's Creed 2022 game. The rumour comes from controversial message board 4chan so take it with a huge grain of salt since most rumours that appear on 4chan are usually fake. However, sometimes, 4chan rumour can turn out to be real, so let's not dismiss this one just yet.
Without further ado, let's check it out:
- Assassin’s Creed: Warriors 2022
- The next AC game will be set during the Edo period in Japan
- Will come exclusively to PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC
- You play as a Female only protagonist named Akako Shiratori, a “novice” member of the assassins brotherhood of Japan
- Set mostly in Tokyo
- Jomsviking system was test run for assassin recruits
- Heavy inspiration from Japanese mythology with fightable oni and Yokai
The rumour does not seem unrealistic at all. We already know that Ubisoft considered Japan as one of the locations for the next Assassin's Creed games so it's possible that the time has finally come for a Japan setting in the popular franchise.
Additionally, the female-only protagonist detail seems likely. We know that the devs always wanted to make such Assassin's Creed game and with recent controversy at Ubisoft, it would not surprise us to see a female protagonist in the next title.