Skybound Games will from now on be known as the publisher behind Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan. The indie game now has a free PC demo available.
Skybound Games proudly announced they will be responsible for publishing independent developer ManaVoid Entertainment’s upcoming title, Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan.
The 2.5D adventure platformer will arrive with some RPG, creature collecting, and puzzle elements baked into its colourful code. Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan will launch this fall on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
A free English PC demo of Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan is available starting today, June 16, as part of Steam Next Fest.
Rainbow Billy was highlighted by GameSpot and The MIX as part of their E3 programming yesterday. During this time, Billy seized the opportunity and debuted a new trailer. The game was also featured this past weekend at Wholesome Direct , a feel-good showcase of "cute and cosy" indie games.
Rainbow Billy is all about exploration, whether through the world, your own self-identity, or the dozens of good-hearted creatures you’ll meet along the way.
When the evil Leviathan curses the World of Imagination with monochrome misery, its residents are left joyless, anxiety-ridden husks of their former selves. Armed with kindness, a talking fishing rod, and countless friends, the shy, cheerful Billy must travel the land and inspire others to find the courage to be themselves and show their true colours once more.
Use compassion and conversation to befriend a variety of creatures in non-violent, turn-based encounters, then invite them to your team, adding to your collection of helpful creatures.
- Explore a World of Imagination: From dark caverns on remote islands to hidden coves on the stormy seas, discover a rich, wholesome world filled with treasure, friendship... and danger!
- Befriend & Collect Cute Creatures: Meet over 60 strange, lovable creatures and help them with their problems in non-violent encounters! Create your own unique team to save the day!
- Solve Intricate Color Puzzles: Each world is filled with clever challenges and secrets that unlock new areas to explore!
- Vibrant 2.5D Visual Style: Rainbow Billy’s art style blends the personality of 2D modern cartoon characters into an imaginative world filled with 3D art, with an energetic original soundtrack to match!
- Fantastic Adventure with Relatable Themes: Restore colour to a monochrome world and help your friends find the courage to be their true selves in a story about empathy and growth.
- Fish for Resources: Because every great game has a fishing mini-game!