PUBG Console Update 13.1 is now live on the game's Test Servers. The new update brings all kinds of player-requested goodies, a Secret (weapon) room and more.
PUBG Console Update 13.1 live maintenance schedule
- PDT: August 11, 9 PM – August 12, 3:30 AM
- CEST: August 12, 6 AM – 12:30 PM
- KST/JST: August 12, 1 PM – 7:30 PM
More Care Packages
PUBG devs have heard the fans and will be upping the number of Care Packages that drop during a single match. This will be achieved by adding more small airdrops and not reserving all of the loot for one player.
Players will also be able to duck behind the additional Care Packages and use them as a hardcover.
Care Packages in numbers:
- Standard Care Packages: One
- Small Care Packages: 5 – 15
Multi-drop Care Package contents:
- Ammo, healing items, throwables. Standard Care Package spawn items (low probability)
Taego Secret Room
Holding all kinds of goodies that will turn the heat up on your opponents and get you that chicken dinner in no time, the Secret Room can only be accessed with the help of a key. These are peppered all over the map and can be looted.
Items in the Secret Room
- Self AED
- Low chance of Care Package items
- A large number of healing items and throwables
Item spawn changes
Spawn Rate Changes
- Self AED: 37% increase
- Stocks: 1% decrease
- Stun Grenade: 14% decrease
- Molotov Cocktail: 3% decrease
- Emergency Pickup
- Spike Trap
PUBG's Update 13.1 has introduced the emergency landing plane. This bird moves faster than the standard starting plane, but the fall height varies greatly, resulting in a varied falling duration.
You can use the fall height to your advantage and control where you land: jumping out at the beginning of the flight will let you travel farther. If you stay on the plane you'll suffer 50 per cent damage at the (violent) end of its journey.