Get ready to shoot people with a brand new assault rifle. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will soon get its monthly update and the Groza assault rifle will be accompanied by tweaks to loot drops. The full patch notes will be out tomorrow.
The devs commented: "This is our first real pass at adjusting the loot balance in the game after the data science team started their analysis. We will most likely be making several more of these passes during the course of Early Access, so please don't take this week's upcoming change to the balance as final".
What will change exactly? Well, there was a bug that was causing some items to spawn either "more or less than intended". The bug was first noticed "in the process of modifying the spawn table internal structure for developing custom games", but then a similar issue cropped up "throughout all spawn tables".
The bug did not, however, affect all items, so only those with too low or too high spawn rates were addressed in the update.
In addition to this, the developers "also hope to improve the item looting experience for items that [they’ve] received a lot of user feedback on. Such improvements and adjustments will be made on a regular basis based on various data analysis and feedback".
Here's the full Changelog, for now:
- New weapon, the Groza, was added. This weapon may only be acquired in Care Packages.
- VSS will no longer be found in Care Packages. It will remain to be spawned in the map.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire AR Silencers and SR Silencers in Care Packages.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire 4x Scopes in Care Packages.
- New weapon, a 9mm pistol with full auto mode, the P18C, was added.
- Spawn rate of SCAR-L was decreased to better fit the weapon’s tier.
- Spawn rate of UMP was slightly decreased.
- Spawn rate of UZI was slightly increased.
- Level 1 Helmet was being spawned at a much higher rate than the Level 1 Vest, and the spawn rate was adjusted so that both items will be spawned at a similar rate.