Pokemon GO is celebrating the Lunar New Year with a bunch of red Pokemon, very lucky bonuses, and a Timed Research featuring Tauros - in the honour of the Year of the Ox.
Date and Time
Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, February 14, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. local time
- Red Pokemon like Krabby, Goldeen, Magmar, Magikarp, Miltank, Meditite, Tepig, and more will appear more frequently in the wild. The luckiest Trainers will spot a Shiny Gyarados in the wild.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will reward encounters with Meowth, Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, Meditite, and Miltank.
- Pokemon representing animals associated with Lunar New Year will be hatching from 5 km Eggs. Keep an eye out for Rattata, Ekans, Mankey, Ponyta, Mareep, Houndour, Miltank, Torchic, Bagon, Buneary, Tepig, and Litleo.
- The following Pokemon will be appearing in raids.
- One-star raids
- Three-star raids:
- Latios and Latias will be appearing in five-star raids from Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. local time.
- Mega Pidgeot, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Ampharos will be appearing in Mega Raids from Tuesday, February 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. local time. This will be Mega Gyarados’s debut in Pokemon GO.
- In celebration of the Year of the Ox, Tauros, the Wild Bull Pokemon, will be featured in Timed Research.
- Gifts will contain more Poke Balls.
- You’re more likely to become Lucky Friends with your friends, so be sure to swap Gifts, battle in raids, and trade with them.
- When you trade a Pokemon, it’ll be more likely to become a Lucky Pokemon.
- The trading range will be temporarily increased to 40 km from Monday, February 8, 2021, at 9:00 p.m. to Monday, February 15, 2021, at 9:00 p.m. GMT.