Pokemon GO Fest 2020 is set to happen on July 25 and July 26, 2020. Each day of the festival will hold a unique experience and a different Special Research story.
Pokemon GO Fest 2020 will happen on July 25 and July 26. Each day will provide a unique experience and a different Special Research story. Trainers will be able to participate in both days of the event with one ticket.
Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Day 1
On Saturday, July 25, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, Trainers will enjoy the following:
- Access to a Special Research story only available on Day 1.
- Five rotating habitats themed around fire, water, grass, battle, and friendship will feature special Pokemon that go along with that habitat’s theme. These habitats will rotate every hour, so each habitat will be featured twice.
- Trainers will be able to work together in the Global Challenge Arena. This GO Fest-exclusive feature will be available only to ticket holders. Trainers will have a chance to join forces in the Global Challenge Arena to complete a collaborative challenge each hour. If Trainers complete a challenge, they will earn a bonus for the remainder of the hour.
- Trainers will be able to encounter over 75 species of Pokemon in the wild, in raids, and by completing Special Research tasks.
Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Day 2
On Sunday, July 26, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, Trainers will enjoy...something very different. The developers want to keep the Day 2 experience a surprise. We know for a fact that there will be another Special Research story for Trainers to enjoy.
How to purchase a ticket
- In the shop, tap the Pokemon GO Fest 2020 image. Tap the Buy button.
- You’ll then see a pop-up indicating that you’ve received a ticket for Pokémon GO Fest 2020.
- After you tap OK, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag.
- A few days before the event, you’ll receive a medal. When you open the app during Day 1, you’ll receive access to the Pokemon GO Fest 2020 experience, including the first Special Research story. Make sure to open the app during Day 2 to receive the second Special Research story.
- After you’ve obtained the Special Research lines, you can complete them at any time. Tickets to this event are non-refundable.