Pokemon GO's Animation Week 2020 will bring a bunch of Pokemon Journeys: The Series-inspired items and an event-exclusive Timed Research. Goh-inspired avatar items will be available for free.
Pokemon GO will soon host the Animation Week 2020 event. The event is based on Pokemon Journeys: The Series.
The upcoming event will introduce Pokemon encounters and extra content that draws from the two main characters', Ash and Goh, adventures in the series. Interested Trainers will also be able to take part in event-exclusive Timed Research inspired by the animated series’ storyline.
Date and Time
The event will start on Friday, November 6, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. and go on until Thursday, November 12, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.
- World Cap Pikachu will be appearing in the wild. Some fortunate Trainers may even encounter a Shiny one.
- From Thursday, November 5, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. to Monday, November 16, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. GMT, Lugia will be returning to five-star raids—this time with the attack Aeroblast.
- Pokemon like Ivysaur, Pinsir, Snorlax, Golurk, and others will be appearing in raids.
- You can look forward to encountering the following Pokemon more frequently in the wild:
- Cyndaquil, and more.
- Be on the lookout for a Shiny Cubone.
- Pichu, Mantyke, Riolu, and Cubone will be hatching from 7 km Eggs. A Shiny Cubone may also hatch.
- Join a new Timed Research inspired by various episodes of the ongoing series Pokemon Journeys: The Series.
- Goh might appear in GO Snapshot.
- Goh-inspired avatar items will be available. Check out the Style Shop to get your new items for free.