Pokemon Day is celebrated every year on 27 February. The new Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution movie will launch on Netflix and the Pokemon Day celebration event will be available in Pokemon Go. The event will give the Trainers an opportunity to catch the Clone Pikachu.
It's almost time for Pokemon Day 2020! The event occurs every year on 27 February because that’s when the first Pokemon video games were launched in Japan back in 1996.
Furthermore, the new Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution will drop on Netflix on 27 February and, to celebrate the occasion, the Armored Mewtwo will be returning to the wild of Pokemon Go, accompanied by some of the Clone Pokemon from the movie.
Pokemon Day celebration event
The event will kick off on Tuesday 25 February 2020 at 9:00 p.m. GMT and go on until 9:00 p.m. GMT on Monday 2 March 2020.
- The Pokemon are coming to the party. Be on the lookout for Pikachu and Eevee wearing party hats appearing in the wild. Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle sporting the same festive look will be hatching from 7 km Eggs. There’s even a chance that any of these partying Pokemon turn out to be Shiny.
- Armored Mewtwo strikes back in five-star raids. Not only is Armored Mewtwo in Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution, but it will be returning to raids as well with the special Charged Attack Psystrike.
- Some of the Clone Pokemon are coming to Pokemon Go! In celebration of the Pokemon Day launch of Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution on Netflix, special Clone Pokemon - including Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise - will appear in four-star raids. Be sure to use #Gosnapshot during the event, because the Clone Pikachu might appear in your photo, and you might be able to catch it.
Raid Day featuring Nidorino and Gengar wearing party hats
The Raid Day will go down on Sunday 1 March 2020 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
- Nidorino wearing party hats will be appearing in two-star raids.
- Gengar that know Lick and Psychic and are sporting party hats will be appearing in four-star raids.
- You might encounter a Shiny Nidorino or a Shiny Gengar also wearing a party hat.
- You can receive up to five Raid Passes for free during the event by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms. You cannot hold more than one of these Raid Passes at once, and they will not be available after the event ends.
See you out there!