Grinding Gear Games' launch of Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas has been a success in more ways than one, as the game broke its concurrent player record in mere hours.
And the record is by no means negligent - Path of Exile beat its previous record by 11 per cent, hitting 265,250 players on launch day. For a game launched in 2013, it's certainly not too shabby, and GGG are far from done too.
The dev has rolled out 6 hotfixes on PC, the patch notes for which you'll find below. Another Path of Exile update is coming later this week as well, but GGG said they'll have more to share later.
Ritual Challenge League seems to be a blast for everyone, and the dev already has valuable feedback. In short, fans can expect a way to track items that have been deferred, ways to filter items they can't, and more.
All in all, Path of Exile developer seems to be firing on all cylinders and the decision to pull devs from working on the sequel to take care of the main game now seems wiser than ever.
You can find the 3.13 patch notes below.
- Fixed several instance crashes.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to see hidden Ritual rewards (the ones that unlock as you complete more Rituals in an area).
- Fixed several client crashes.
- Players with 3000mb of Video RAM or less are now capped at Medium texture quality with the Vulkan client, which prevents crashes. We will undo this change when we make some other Vulkan improvements within a few weeks.
- Fixed a bug where party member names would not appear on the minimap.
- Fixed a bug where quest Watchstones could be seen and picked up by party members.
- Fixed a bug where Heist NPCs were not being introduced.
- Fixed a bug where Sirus the Awakener wasn't dropping any Unique Items if your Awakening Level was between 1 and 7.
- The number of Rituals remaining is now shown near the Ritual Button.
- The special Vaal Rituals used to offer items with a high variance of Tribute costs (from very low to very high). This has now been capped to never be higher than other rituals.
- Fixed a bug where Betrayal doors and Legion chests could be respawned in Ritual encounters.
- Fixed a bug where players could sometimes not progress if a Ritual spawned in a pit fight in Daresso's Dream.
- Substantially reduced the damage of rare monsters dominated by Sirus.
- Reduced the damage done by The Maven's volatile orb explosions.
- Increased the number of nearby enemies required for Sirus to spawn and attack the player during Sirus influence takeovers from 1 to 10.
- The 'Contract: Trial Run' Heist quest contract now contains less valuable rewards.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.13.0 where Increases and Reductions to Spell Damage weren't applying to Kinetic Bolt's Attack Damage.
- Fixed a bug where 'More Spell Damage' modifiers from support gems weren't applying to Damage over Time skills unless they had hit an enemy.
- Fixed a bug where unique maps could drop from story bosses.
- Fixed a bug with the Corruption Altar not producing white sockets.
- Fixed a bug with the Domain of Timeless Conflict not scaling with additional emblems in the Map Device.
- Fixed a bug where the Maven Map Device button could be enabled but would not display.
- Fixed a bug with the positioning of party members' names on the minimap.
- Fixed a bug with the Nightfall Flame Dash Microtransaction effect sometimes showing a black box.
- Fixed two instance crashes.
- Fixed a client crash related to Harvest objects.
- Fixed a common client crash.