Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite just got a new story trailer. Jedah, Dormammu, Firebrand, and Ghost Rider were recently confirmed and bring the number of characters at launch to a total of 30. The game will launch on 19 September 2017.
Capcom released a story trailer for their upcoming Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. The heroes will have to fight Ultron Sigma a mash-up character from the "newly merged" Marvel and Capcom worlds.
Additional Marvel characters for the game were recently confirmed and they include the likes of Jedah, Dormammu, Firebrand, and Ghost Rider. Additional information and gameplay details on these four characters will be available next week, you guessed it, at gamescom 2017. The boys bring the roster at launch to a round number of 30. Could be worse. More post launch characters are to be revealed in the future.
The game will offer singleplayer and multiplayer options along with:
Offline Modes and Features:
- Story - players are at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes try to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade - recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in a showdown of skills.
- Mission - players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training - set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 - go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU - play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection - the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
Online Modes and Features:
- Ranked Match - battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match - battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League - a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby - search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings - view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings - configure replay settings and view replays.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will simultaneously release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC across North America and Europe on 19 September 2017.