Adromeda's release hype had zero time to simmer down and price cuts are already starting to pop up.
Pre-orders are rarely a good idea and most PC gamers will tell you that it pays to wait a few months after a game's launch hype is over to get it at a much more reasonable price. Bizarrely, Mass Effect: Andromeda can be acquired at a 24 per cent already - despite the official European launch being umm, today.
GIF showing an animation glitch in Mass Effect: Andromeda
Let us go through the reasonable purchases guide one more time, for all those who missed it.
- Do not preorder games unless you are 100% certain you will buy it on launch anyway, or you absolutely HAVE TO have that sweet sweet horse armour DLC.
- Do not assume that £50 for a digital purchase equalling £50 for a physical copy is somehow ok.
- It's never too late to get a season pass.
- There is no such thing as free. If you aren't paying with money, you will most likely pay with your time.
- Early Access = Beta with a price tag.
- ALL games go on sale eventually. Patience and informed purchases go a long way towards preventing buyers remorse.