Now, a lot of people were on the fence when it came to the Preseason 2023 jungle changes, but these have to be the straw that breaks the camel's back, once and for all.
Some two months back, the host of League of Legends servers, Garena, had accidentally leaked the preseason 2023 changes, which included the ones for the jungle role. and now, Riot Games have confirmed them.
The intentions stated in the leak were to lower the skill floor of the jungle role, while keeping the same skill ceiling.
As it turns out, the changes we got were not the whole picture, and a new change has been added to the one we knew about previously, which went live with patch 12.22.
- Marked for Death: When a large monster dies, all small monsters in their camp will be marked for death. After 10 consecutive seconds of not being in combat with a champion, monsters that have been marked for death will die.
- Own-Side Clearing Strength: Junglers now deal 20% more damage from non-true damage sources to monsters on their own side of the jungle. This increased damage will not apply when invading and dealing damage to the enemy’s camps.
- Parting Gifts: All large monsters will now heal [27+3/level (increased by up to 2.25x based on missing health) health and restore 15+2/level (increased by up to 2.25x based on missing mana) mana upon takedown if you have a jungle companion. This heal/mana restoration will take the form of a projectile that will be fired towards the champion that last-hit the monster after a 0.3 second delay.
We knew that Riot were aiming at eliminating technique such as double clears in the jungle, and making counter-jungling harder to pull off with the own-side clearing strength.
However, the addition of marked for death now eliminates counter jungling entirely. The basic skill of taking the enemy large monster in a camp, and leaving the smaller ones, to delay the respawn timers, and thus gold generation, no longer exists.
And with it, a depth of the jungle role has been removed as well.
- League of Legends Esports: Blue is leaving Team Dignitas
- League of Legends Winterblessed skins officially revealed
- K'Sante is set to receive buffs in the next League of Legends update
- League of Legends - Cho'Gath and Nunu will receive massive buffs
- League of Legends Esports: Hylissang is heading to Mad Lions