GTFO is leaving behind one of the design mantras that players hate the most and content should be safe from a deletion in the near future.
The change in direction refers to the infamous policy of removing content, which is hardly unique to this game - Destiny 2 does it on the regular.
Still, 10 Chambers decided to listen to the fans and with the latest update, they are getting a permanent re-release of all previous Rundowns along with improved graphics and gameplay features.
Rundown 1.0 and 7.0 are now available immediately while Rundwons 2.0 through 6.0 will be rolled out one by one as time goes on. While some fans would prefer it all to be released at the same time, they can at least take solace in the devs' statement that no added content will be deleted in the future.
As such, GTFO is only going to grow from now on. When all the Rundowns get re-released and players have access all up to 7.0, the game will look toward Rundown 8.0 which will apparently encapsulate the storyline of the game.
While "re-release" hints at the same old content just making a return, the team did note that the "ALT://" in the title signifies an alternative experience compared to the original one.
Rundown 1.0 was released in 2019 and the game has undergone major updates to gameplay mechanics, feature set, graphics and overall feeling, which will be reflected in Deviation.
More AltChar news:
- Sony tells UK regulator Call of Duty players will switch to Xbox for exclusive features
- PlayStation fans left baffled as Horizon Zero Dawn remaster leaks online
- Sony are pushing hard to block Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Guerrilla Games might be working on Horizon multiplayer game, it's claimed
- Silent Hill fans are discovering mysterious messages in the Silent Hill Townfall trailer audio