For Honor's highly anticipated update is finally here and among the key changes are the new fighter, Warmonger, and the Core Combat Update that will affect all players.
The update will bring your For Honor installation up to version 2.20.0. Players on PC and PlayStation 4 need to download around 1.1GB, while Xbox One users need 1.37GB.
Onto the good stuff then - Ubisoft rolled out a new fighter called Warmonger, flamberge-wielding Corruption specialists. They're close to the Blackstone Legion but apparently have greater aspirations, hence the usage of dark power.
- DIFFICULTY: EASY
- ADAPTABLE FIGHTING STYLE
- CORRUPTION SPECIALIST
- ENHANCED LIGHT ATTACKS
- CHARGEABLE UNBLOCKABLE CLAW
- CORRUPTION FEATS TO ISOLATE OPPONENTS
CORE COMBAT UPDATE
For Honor's Core Combat Update is an extensive one and it starts with the technical upgrades - Ubisoft claim the new system makes fight moves consistently faster over networks. Visual variability of the speed of opponents' moves has been removed, resulting in the first 100ms of animation skipped over networks, which also made feints more believable.
Overall, though, For Honor's Core Combat Update cracks down on Light Attacks and counter-attack tools, and removes stamina penalties as well.
- Damage adjustments
- Generally, Light Attack damage is reduced
- Generally, counter-attack tools damage is reduced
- Generally, Heavy Finishers damage stays high to incentivise following through with your Chains
- Recoveries normalized
- Light Attacks generally are now frame disadvantaged (to weaken “Light Spam”)
- Heavy Finishers generally are now frame advantaged (to incentivise following through with your Heavy Chain Finisher)
- Stamina penalties removed
- Now there is no extra stamina cost on Miss, Block and Parry
- Light Stamina Costs are now generally 12 (from 6)Light Light Chains can now be Dodged out of (due to branching timing changes)
- Dodge Attacks that were 500ms are now increased to 533ms
- This affects Peacekeeper, Shaman, Valkyrie, Tiandi, Conqueror, Gladiator, Raider, Nuxia
- Opening Light attacks that were faster than 500ms are now 500ms
- This affect Peacekeeper’s Light and Zone, Lawbringer, Orochi, ShaolinZone Attacks are now more comfortable to perform
You can find the full patch notes here .