Title update number 8 for EA Sports FIFA 21 is here, albeit only for PC, while Xbox and PlayStation players will have to wait a little longer, as usual.
Title update 8 for EA Sports FIFA 21 is out on PC, while console players will have to be patient for a couple of more days.
Patch notes are in, and if you are a Pro Club player, we'll have to disappoint you right away and say that the only thing this patch does with Pro Clubs mode is that your Virtual Pro’s customized boot colors will now always save.
As for the general gameplay, there are a couple of interesting tidbits. The first thing is Team press.
- Decreased the amount of time the Team Press D-Pad Tactic can be active for, before requiring cooldown, from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Once Team Press is requested, its effect takes 2 seconds to activate.
- In situations where the defending team is using Team Press and recovers possession, Team Press will not automatically remain active on the following loss of possession.
The second big change comes to Skill moves. To be more specific, Stepover and Reverse Step Over skill moves are getting nerfed, as they were considered too OP when chained together:
- Both Skill Moves are no longer considered Easy Skill Moves and will be less effective when chained together while moving.
- The animations for both Skill Moves have been slowed down.
- Decreased player transition speed when exiting either Skill Move at forward angles.
Here are a couple of other welcomed fixes to the game's logic:
- After a defender positioned themselves in front of the ball carrier following a heavy touch, the defender sometimes did not contest the ball.
- Improved referee penalty kick logic in situations where the goalkeeper dives at the ball carrier’s feet.
- Improved referee logic when making decisions in breakaway tackling situations outside of the box.
This title update also includes a large number of updated face scans for 29 players and 34 new face scans.
As for FUT, Career mode and other changes, feel free to check out the full patch notes on the link below: