Valve published a blog post about the upcoming hero for Dota 2, detailing its abilities and used the opportunity to also shine some light on the new Techies.
Patch 7.31 may not have a release date yet but Dota 2 players are bound to get hyped at the sheer amount of new information and content coming their way. First, there is the new hero - Primal Beast , who will stomp its way through the jungle when the patch drops, followed by the new abilities Techies are brandishing.
Primal Beast abilities:
- Onslaught - Charge it up to extend the length of the Beast's rush in a straight line. Anyone it runs over gets knocked back, including allies. The rush can destroy trees
- Trample - The Beast stomps the ground, making every enemy around it take pulsing damage but the hero itself is disarmed for the duration
- Uproar - Passively provides additional base damage. Activating the ability provides more damage and armour, based on the number of stacks of Uproar
- Pulverize - The Beast grabs an enemy (yes, it can be a hero) and repeatedly slams it into the ground, sending shockwaves that damage and mini-stun all enemies in the area
Techies were also updated and their new kit is as follows:
- Blast Off! and Proximity Mines remain unchanged
- Sticky Bomb (New ability) - Throws a bomb that will stick to enemies near it. The enemy gets slowed for a few seconds, at which point the bomb explodes for AoE damage
- Reactive Taser - Techies get an electric charge that provides movement speed for a short time. Enemies that attack them during this time are disarmed. When the charge explodes, it disarms all enemies in the area
Be aware of the jungle as the mobs now have passive and active abilities that might ruin your farming plans.