Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is getting a Ranked Play mode. Here are some details, but Activision Blizzard and Infinity Ward are still to confirm this game upgrade!
Call of Duty is classified as an arcade shooter since most casual players can pick up the game in a matter of days, as opposed to other FPS shooters such as Counter-Strike and Valorant . Call of Duty has a Ranked Play option for the competitive community of gamers.
The Ranked Play feature allows players to compete in a skill group to determine their ability level. Treyarch originally implemented ranked play in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Black Ops Cold War and Vanguard both had Ranked play, which Treyarch also pioneered.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will, like the previous two games, include a Ranked Play feature. Despite Infinity Ward's mention of the Ranked Play feature, no official gameplay information has been published. However, data miners have taken matters into their own hands after obtaining MW2 Ranked Play mode details.
Ranked Play Mode details:
- Ranked Players will advance and earn “SR” to rank up their Skill Divisions, which will be adjusted accordingly after each match
- SR will be calculated based on player performance, win, and loss
- If a Ranked Player manages to win three consecutive matches, they will be on a Hot Streak, which sets their rank emblem alight for as long as they’re on the winning streak
- Rank will be permanent, and it will persist across multiple seasons, however, the “Skill Division” will change with each new season. In total, there will be seven skill divisions
- When a new season starts, Ranked Players will be dropped one Division below their finishing point for the previous season, with Diamond I being the highest starting Division for the new season
- Modern Warfare 2’s Ranked Mode will be played in a 4v4 structure (CDL Moshpit) using every rule, map, and mode in the Call of Duty League
In keeping with previous Ranked Modes, MW2’s mode will unlock all unrestricted attachments for players (separate classes from normal multiplayer), lock down on restricted items, enables friendly fire by default, and issues suspensions or penalties based on inactivity, disconnecting and repeated friendly fire.
This is how the Ranked Mode in MW2 will work; further information on the mode will be released in the coming weeks. Activision is already filing DMCA notices to any organization posting Ranked Mode-related graphics or data, making the leaks plausible.
- Rainbow Six Siege - Flores' Assassin's Creed-inspired Elite skin
- Rainbow Six Siege - Best settings for PC
- Hunt: Showdown introduces a new battlepass with Devil's Moon
- Ubisoft offer compensation for recent Rainbow Six Siege matchmaking bug
- Rainbow Six Siege - Is Blackbeard getting a rework?