Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire update 1.1 by Savage Game Design is now available for free on Steam. The update adds more terrain, new weapons, vehicles and more.
Arma 3 is getting a major content update today in the form of Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire. The update is dubbed 1.1 and will bring no less than 225 km2 terrain, US Navy SEALs, multiple new vehicles, static weapons, weapons, helmets, and more. In celebration of the release, S.O.G. Prairie Fire will enjoy a time-limited 20 per cent off sale on Steam.
S.O.G. Prairie Fire Update highlights
- New terrain: "Khe Sanh" - The novel terrain, covering 225 km2, will enable the players to design and run missions around Quang Tri Province as well as some crucially contested locations of the Vietnam War.
- New faction expansion: US Navy SEALs - Players will have a choice between three primary SEAL groups that operated in Vietnam: MACV-SOG Naval Advisory Detachment, SEAL Teams, and US Navy Underwater Demolitions Teams.
- The Navy SEAL faction consists of 51 preset soldier loadouts, 9 new uniforms (plus 22 variants), 7 vests, and a diving mask.
- 5 new vehicles/vehicle variants
- 4 civilian cars: Bonn, Rodina, Kupe, and Krabice (Van). The Krabice van also comes in a variant with a mounted DP-27 machine gun.
- The M151 Military Utility Tactical Truck received an additional variant that carries a BGM-71 TOW missile launcher.
- 4 new static weapons (including heavy naval guns)
- V11M Twin 37mm cannon (PAVN)
- Type 56 75mm Recoilless Rifle (PAVN)
- L/60 Mk3 40mm cannon (US Navy)
- L/70 Mk2 20mm cannon (US Navy)
- 9 new weapons/weapon variants
- M63a Light Machine Gun
- M63a Commando
- MPU 9mm Submachine Gun
- Mk1 Underwater Defense Gun
- M1928A1 Tommy Submachine Gun
- M1A1 Tommy Submachine Gun
- M1A1 Tommy Shorty
- M1928 Tommy Submachine Gun
- Škorpion vz. 61 Machine Pistol
- Bonus: the XM177 / XM148 model has been completely replaced with a period-correct handguard.
- 5 new helmets (plus variants) - pith helmets, the M56 and SSh40 helmets for PAVN and VC forces, and netted M1 helmets for ARVN soldiers.
- Additional multiplayer scenarios - The "Mike Force" co-op multiplayer game mode is available to play on Khe Sanh but requires the Steam Workshop item; and there are 4 new Zeus multiplayer scenarios.
- Campaign progress saving - while playing in multiplayer solo mode and when playing the single-player missions "Temporary Duty" and "The Village."
- Various fixes and quality-of-life improvements