Assassin's Creed Vallhalla's is getting a big expansion tomorrow, May 13 2021. The Wrath of the Druids' story will take the players to Ireland to help unify the realm.
Assassin's Creed Vallhalla's first major expansion is hitting the shelves tomorrow. The expansion will be available on all platforms.
As previously reported, Eivor’s new adventure will have players journey to bewitching and beautiful Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient druidic cult, the Children of Danu.
Players will be tasked with helping Gaelic Kings unify Ireland. Steeped in Gaelic myths and folklore the landscapes of the Wrath of the Druids expansion will offer a stunning backdrop to the new adventure.
Wrath of the Druids - story
The story starts as Eivor is summoned to Ireland by their long-lost cousin Barid. Quickly they are drafted by the High–King of Ireland Flann Sinna to embark on a perilous journey and unite the warring factions.
The intriguing but treacherous Celtic Ireland is a whole new region to explore, including three provinces and the city of Dublin. The expansion also features famous historical landmarks such as the Giant’s Causeway, Tara Hill, Black Pig’s Dyke, Ben Bulben and more.
Wrath of the Druids - new features and content
- Accomplish the Royal Demands from the Gaelic Kings to gather resources.
- Claim and conquer the Ring Forts of Ireland, form alliances to dominate the trade routes to build Dublin’s wealth and establish it as the primary seat of commerce
- Trade rare resources and exotic rewards with overseas nations to make Dublin a thriving city.
- Master a brand new type of weapon: the Sickle, a fast and deadly blade that can be dual-wielded.
- Use new abilities and skills like the Viking Salute, the Smoke Bomb Arrow, the Irish Hound Summoning, and the Sickle Combo.
- Battle and defeat new powerful enemies including the Children of Danu, a mysterious cult of Druids; Drengrs; Irish factions; and new mythical creatures.
- Discover a variety of new gear and weapons, and more customisation options for Eivor’s longship, horse, raven, tattoos, hair, and settlement decorations.
Players won't have to complete the main game in order to travel to Ireland, but they will need to reach England and complete either Grantebridgescire or Ledecestrescire arc. There is no mandatory power level to play Wrath of the Druids.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is available on Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One consoles, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC, as well as on Stadia, Amazon Luna and Ubisoft’s subscription service, Ubisoft+.