PUBG's Fantasy Battle Royale prank has been given a new life under a new name. The Halloween Battle Royale game mode is now live in PUBG LABS.
Fantasy Battle Royale is making a comeback in PUBG this Halloween. The wildly popular game mode started its storied existence as an April Fools' Day prank but quickly garnered much attention so the devs decided to spook it up a bit and bring it back for this year's festival of Samhain. The Halloween Battle Royale is now available in PUBG LABS.
PUBG - Halloween Battle Royale
Players will be able to choose their preferred class, hop onto the Ghost Ship and visit a fully decked-out Erangel to become the last creature standing. Enter the Halloween Battle Royale by selecting the LABS banner in the main lobby, pick a class and board the Ghost Ship.
You can choose your class in the pre-game lobby but you can always bring the class window back up by pressing F8 for PC or X for Console. The first circle will be shown on the map once players are on the Ghost Ship. You'll enter the battlefield with your respective class's Level 1 weapon, a ring, and a necklace. Everyone can upgrade their weapons by looting and crafting.
Halloween Battle Royale - Classes
There are four different classes: Executioner, Ranger, Pyromancer, and Cleric. There's no limit on how many players of one class can be in a party so you can go wild and drop in with four Pyromancers on your team. Cue the famous Dark Knight quote. Each class requires different ingredients to upgrade their weapons so there will be fewer resources to go around if more people of the same class are in one team.
Once your weapons have been upgraded to Level 2, you'll get to choose between two types of hardware. You can switch between the two weapons in every upgrade stage.
A classic melee warrior.
- Default Weapon: Axe of Swiftness
- Can dash towards enemies.
- Alternate Weapon (Craftable from Level 2): Halberd of Restraint
- Executioners can pull in enemies within a certain area.
Generate class-exclusive items throughout the game:
- Stun Ball: Stuns enemies for 2 seconds.
- Liquid Courage: Enhances moving speed and boosts HP for a certain amount of time.
A posterchild of versatility: a Ranger can function as a sniper or a stealthy assassin.
- Default Weapon: Fatal Crossbow
- Powerful long-range weapon.
- Alternate Weapon (Craftable from Level 2): Blade of Invisibility
- Short-ranged melee weapon that allows Rangers to turn invisible for a certain amount of time.
- Attacking enemies from behind or during an invisible state will apply more damage.
Rangers also generate class-exclusive items:
- Snare Trap: Set up traps and root enemies for 5 seconds.
- Stun Grenade: A stun grenade.
AoE is their middle name. Pyromancers can deal damage to multiple enemies at the same time.
- Default Weapon: Gloves of Calamity
- Allows Pyromancers to attack with Fireballs.
- Deals great damage but is difficult to wield.
- Alternate Weapon (Craftable from Level 2): Hellfire Cannon
- Can fire infinitely.
- May overheat and be unusable for a certain amount of time if continuously used.
Can cast spells during the game:
- Firewall: Generates large firewalls to block the enemy's path.
- Meteor Shower: Rain down meteors. This can only be activated when the Pyromancer's necklace is Level 3 or above.
A Cleric is an aggressive healer that can lock in melee combat.
- Default Weapon: Mace of Suffering and Aegis of Light
- The Mace of Suffering: a melee weapon that causes enemies to bleed for a certain amount of time.
- Using the Mace of Suffering on teammates will restore their HP.
- The Aegis of Light blocks crossbow attacks.
- Alternate Weapon (Craftable from Level 2): Triage Shotgun
- Shooting teammates will restore their HP.
- Shooting enemies will debuff them and cause slight damage.
Can generate class-exclusive items:
- Vitality Bomb: Restores HP.
- First Aid Kit: Healing item that can be shared with teammates.
Items and Crafting
There will be no weapons, ammo or other items you're used to seeing in an everyday PUBG match. The team that came up with the Halloween Battle Royale, however, did permit bandages to spawn on the spooky Erangel. The items that players will find will mostly be ingredients to upgrade weapons, rings, and necklaces.
- Each class-specific weapon, ring, and necklace the players get at the beginning of each match can't be dropped or traded.
- You can open the crafting window by pressing Tab.
- The looted ingredients will be used to upgrade players' weapons, rings, and necklaces.
- Players can right-click to upgrade craftable items.
- Since each class has two weapons, players will be shown two weapon-crafting routes.
- Treasure Chests contain general and Level 5 crafting ingredients.
- Dropped Treasure Chests will be marked on the map.
- Players will have to damage the Treasure Chest to open it.
- The team that manages to open the chest and interact with it will enjoy a 10-second window of total invincibility.
Players will only have access to the "Night Slayer" UAZ and Ghost Ships. The vehicles' speed and HP have been nerfed.
PUBG LABS: Halloween Battle Royale will be open during the following period:
PC and Console
- PDT: October 19, 10 PM - November 1, 12 AM
- CEST/CET: October 20, 7 AM - November 1, 8 AM
- KST: October 20, 2 PM - November 1, 4 PM
- Map: Erangel
- TPP Only
- 20 Squads of 4 (Max. 80 players per match)
- Only four-Man Squads
- Auto-fills if the team has less than four players
- LABS games do not provide XP or gameplay rewards.
- LABS gameplay will not be reflected on the Career page.
- LABS gameplay will not be reflected on Match History.
- LABS gameplay will not count towards Survivor Pass missions.
- LABS gameplay does not support replay.