Genshin Impact has been a target of many hacking incidents since its release. That's why we've prepared a list of things you should do to keep your account as safe as possible.
Genshin Impact has taken the gaming industry by storm with millions of players logging in every day. However, one of the biggest problems in the game at the moment is related to low account security and many accounts end up being hacked.
A large number of hacked accounts have been either destroyed or stolen. Many shady websites offer free Primogems and all you have to is log in with your Genshin account. Even if you don't get hacked at that exact moment miHoYo will detect your account and punish you either by disabling your account or by putting some harsh restrictions like giving you a negative Primogems balance.
Even though the game has some major security issues, we've prepared a couple of tips on how to increase your security:
- Use a unique password for your Genshin Impact account
- Update your password regularly
- Create a miHoYo account with 2FA Google, Facebook, or PSN account
- Avoid suspicious websites that offer cheaper or even free Primogems and
- Avoid playing co-op with strangers - this has recently become one of the most popular ways you can get hacked
- Beware of suspicious links - While this is standard practice for everything you do online, you should be careful when seeing unknown links, especially on Genshin groups and forums.
- Avoid stacking vast amounts of materials that can easily get wasted by upgrading low-tier items
- Try not to overshare your UID (User Identifier)
The absence of two-factor authentication is probably one of the biggest flaws in the game's security system. Over on Reddit , fans have made a community event where they request players to use the Feedback tool in the game to directly ask miHoYo for 2FA.