Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone are prepping to welcome Season Two which will unlock a bunch of new gameplay adventures. The patch that unlocks the new content will go live early on February 25.
Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season Two will be boots on the ground soon. The new season will bring new gameplay experiences to both Warzone and Black Ops Cold War.
Black Ops Cold War owners can already download the update to their console or PC. Those playing Warzone will have access to the new content tomorrow, February 25, between 5:00 am GMT and 7 am GMT. Tomorrow's update will unlock the new content for both games.
Season Two: File Size and Download Instructions
The Season Two update will have a download size of approximately 10.5 – 26.5 GB for owners of the full version of Black Ops Cold War, and 16.2 – 20.8 GB for owners of the free-to-play Warzone, who are up to date with the latest updates on either (or both) games.
Black Ops Cold War Update Sizes
- PlayStation 5: 18.0 GB
- PlayStation 4: 10.5 GB
- Xbox One Series X / Xbox One Series S: 26.5 GB
- Xbox One: 15.3 GB
- PC: 13.7 GB
Warzone Update Sizes
- PlayStation 5: 17.0 GB
- PlayStation 4: 17.0 GB
- Xbox One Series X / Xbox One Series S: 17.9 GB
- Xbox One: 17.9 GB
- PC: 16.9 GB (Warzone Only) / 20.8 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
PlayStation 4 Players: File Size and Space Allocation
Those who own a standard PlayStation 4 with a default hard drive of 500 GB may need to make some room if they have the full versions of Modern Warfare/Warzone and Black Ops Cold War with all modes and packs installed.
You may need to delete some unused Game Content to have a successful download and install of the Warzone patch tonight.
Here’s how you:
- Black Ops Cold War: At the main menu, press R3 to go to "File Management." You will then be able to delete any content you may not have played in a while.
- Modern Warfare/Warzone: At the main menu, press Options, select the "General" tab, then scroll down to "Game Installs." From here, you can delete any content you have not played in a while.
The Warzone download is not necessary if you are only playing Black Ops Cold War and vice versa. Moreover, players can choose to uninstall/remove other data packs if they are no longer needed for smaller overall file size.
PC Players: New Patching Process Intel
- On Battle.net, Black Ops Cold War and Warzone have a new patching process (introduced for the Season One Reloaded update to Black Ops Cold War) that will keep updates smaller and reduce overall file size growth as both games evolve. However, this new process includes a copying phase that requires additional hard drive space, which is immediately reclaimed upon completion and is not an additional download.
- When this update begins, you will see the word "Copying" over the progress bar along with a different file size number than what is listed above. This initial file size is not the update being download, but rather files being copied over.
- For Warzone, this copying file size is 26 GB for non-Modern Warfare owners and 28 GB for those that own Modern Warfare. For Black Ops Cold War, the copying file size is 30.85 GB.
- After this process is complete, the actual patch download will begin. The space used by the copied files on the disk will be reclaimed after the patch is downloaded and the game is playable again.