Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War's new melee weapon is the Machete. The players can obtain the new weapon via an in-game challenge or by purchasing the new "River Slasher" Store bundle.
Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War has entered its second Season. The new season comes with a new melee weapon the players can swing at their opponents in Multiplayer, Zombies, and Warzone.
Introducing: Machete. It kills.
Free for everyone who completes the in-game challenge, the Machete is a broad foot-long blade tempered for maximum toughness and ideal for fighting in close-quarters.
Here’s how you unlock the Machete in Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War
- Earn a Back Stabber medal (melee kills from behind) in 15 different matches. Read on for some tips.
Light steps and swift moves are the way to go. Be sure to finish each match to get your progress updated.
Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War Machete Challenge Tips
- Know the fight: Use location-based objective modes so you know exactly which areas of the map will hold the most targets.
- Trap-em: Set up a Gas Mine and scurry out of sight with your trusty Tactical Mask in tow. Once another player sets the trap off, swoop in for the kill and disappear in a cloud of poisonous gas.
- Wallhacks: Equip Engineer to detect enemy equipment through walls. Knowing is half the battle and the other half is sticking them with the pointy end.
- A numbers game: You only need to earn one kill per match for the Machete challenge. If you're having trouble just regroup and try a respawn mode or two.
An Alternate Way to Unlock the Machete in Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War
Earring a Back Stabber medal in 15 different matches seems like much work? There is another way to acquire the new melee weapon before completing the in-game challenge: you buy the "River Slasher" Store bundle.
The new bundle features seven different items including the Legendary "Backwater Blade." This Melee Echo Weapon Blueprint sports a camouflage blade and a crocodile leather handle.
You’ll also get the Epic "Backwater Blaster" assault rifle Blueprint, the "Wetlander" Adler skin, the "Struggle Bust" Finishing Move, "Gator’s Smile" Weapon Charm, "Boomerang" Reticle, and the Legendary "Equalizer" Watch, which tracks your K/D.
However - unlocking the machete in the game is the only way to level up the weapon and progress through its camo challenges.