Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment have released update 1.8.3 for The Division, bringing quality of life changes and nerfs for Striker's Battlegear. There was more interesting stuff in the game files though, like Global Event schedule.
Thanks to a vigilant Redditor, named iamunkn0wn, there is now a schedule for upcoming Global Events, including Strike which starts on Monday, 27 August 2018, as confirmed by Massive Entertainment. He occasionally posts things he data mined, which means they are not official yet and are subject to change, but most of what iamunkn0wn gathered proved to be correct in the past.
That said, let's get to the juicy stuff, ergo, the starting times for Global Events in the future, up to the point when The Division 2 will get released:
- 27/08/18 - 03/09/18: GE Strike
- 24/09/18 - 01/10/18: GE Ambush
- 22/10/18 - 29/10/18: GE Blackout
- 26/11/18 - 03/12/18: GE Onslaught
- 10/12/18 - 17/12/18: GE Blackout
- 14/01/19 - 21/01/19: GE Strike
- 18/02/19 - 25/02/19: GE Outbreak
There are three takeaways from this . First, there will be only a week between Onslaught's end and Blackout's start in December 2018 and second, the Global Events will apparently not follow the rotation they did up until now.
The third, and probably most important takeaway from this list is that Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment never had a schedule covering Global Events for half a year in their game files before. This hints at the possibility that The Division's maintenance and updates will mostly be accompanied by an automated rotating event schedule from this point forward.
This possibility is further compounded by the fact that not only Global Events now have a schedule, but also the reward events, which you can preview below.
- 07/09/18 - 10/09/18: Double Field Proficiency
- 05/10/18 - 06/10/18: Double Dark Zone Supply Drops
- 06/10/18 - 08/10/18: Dark Zone Supply Drops every 30 minutes
- 02/11/18 - 05/11/18: Double Field Proficiency
- 16/11/18 - 19/11/18: HVT Double Rewards
- 28/12/18 - 31/12/18: Double Field Proficiency
- 25/01/19 - 26/01/19: Double Dark Zone Supply Drops
- 26/01/19 - 28/01/19: Dark Zone Supply Drops every 30 minutes
If you're stuck with Phoenix Shield and need help in Survival, I would strongly recommend waiting for Blackout to kick in, on 22 October 2018 since it has the best global modifier players can get. Mowing enemies down, including Hunters, will be a walk in the park at that point.
Tom Clancy's The Division 2 to be released in spring of 2019
- Image: 1 / 8