Rustler is an upcoming RPG indie game developed by Jutsu Games. The medieval take on the mayhem from Grand Theft Auto, Rustler will see its players cause udder destruction while trying to win the hand of the king's daughter.
Rustler "the hilariously unhinged medieval 'grand theft horse' experience" will arrive on Steam Early Access on February 18, 2021. The team comprised of indie publishers Modus Games and Games Operators, along with developer Jutsu Games released a live-action trailer along with the announcement.
Rustler casts you into the medieval boots of an anti-hero, appropriately named Guy. The player will have only one goal - win The Great Tournament for its grand prize of the princess' hand in marriage.
Players should be prepared for a bunch of quests, airborne cows and utter mayhem.
- Grand Theft Horse: Wreak havoc in a medieval world inspired by classic GTA gameplay.
- Wear the Crown: As a poor civilian, you’ll need to get creative to win the Great Tournament. Form weird alliances, double-cross your foes, and dig up dinosaur skeletons (because, why not?).
- A Medieval Sandbox: How you progress is up to you. Spend your time completing quests, wreaking havoc and having a laugh at the expense of others!
- A Lot of Horsin’ Around: Shoot cows into the sky, drag your neighbours through the mud, toss some holy hand grenades, or draw fancy pictures in the field with a plough.
- Minstrelsy of Power: Hire a musical companion to play the tunes you like and add a powerful soundtrack to your adventures.
The Rustler: Prologue demo is currently free on Steam. The game will officially be available via Steam's Early Access on February 18, 2021.