Railway Empire - a simulation game developed by Arts Software will launch for Switch in March 2020. The game will launch with three DLCs already available. The Germany, France, and Great Britain & Ireland DLC will be available as additional purchases.
Arts Software has announced that their Railway Empire simulation game will be available for Nintendo Switch on 27 March 2020.
The game's digital and physical copies for the portable console will be available on launch day and include the main game (with all added content and improvements since its initial launch), alongside the Mexico DLC, Crossing the Andes DLC, and The Great Lakes DLC.
The Germany DLC, France DLC, and Great Britain & Ireland DLC will also be available as additional purchases via the Nintendo eShop.
Railway Empire will see its players create a rail network by purchasing over 40 different trains, building railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions - all this in a bid to stay ahead of the competition. The players will have to hire and manage the right people to keep their trains on track.
The technologies available will range from mechanical improvements to trains and workplace infrastructures, through five eras of technological innovation.
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working from coast to coast
- Build an empire by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods across North America
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios or create the perfect railway network without any financial pressure
- Run a custom network with 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five eras to progress and maximize practicality and profits
- Compete with up to three rival companies and even sabotage others' efforts by way of bandits and spies.