Overwatch will kick off its fifth competitive season on 30 May at 01:00 AM BST. The game's anniversary event is set to close on 12 June. October will see the release of the Overwatch art books and the Overwatch Anthology: Volume 1.
Now there's talk about the in-game competitive seasons. Competitive season number 4 ended today at 1:00 AM BST.
The fifth competitive season will kick off on 30 May at 1:00 AM BST. From then on out you'll have three months, give or take, to climb the ranks and earn as many competitive points as possible. The start of competitive season will not interfere with the which will end on 12 June.
The Game of the Year edition of Overwatch hit the shelves on 23 May for PC, Xbox One, and PS4. The GotY edition replaced the Origins edition in stores. The new edition comes equipped with:
- 10 Loot Boxes
- Vintage Blackwatch Reyes, Strike-Commander Morrison, Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Phara, and Slipstream Tracer skins.
- Tracer for Heroes of the Storm
- Baby Winston pet for World of Warcraft
- Mercy's wings for Diablo III
- Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76, portraits for StarCraft II
- Overwatch-themed card back for Hearthstone
Aside from these loot boxes, the regular, non-event loot boxes received some new content in the form of laughing and sitting emotes for Sombra and Orisa and Reaper's "I'm not the one with the statue" quote from the was immortalised in an emote and a spray.
The community may be worried about the short time between the two competitive seasons, but we're sure the Overwatch team at Blizzard works night and day to bring us fresh features and fix the known problems in their game.