EA's popular American football simulator Madden NFL 21 launches in 23 days so the studio laid out a detailed plan on how they intend to support Madden NFL 21 and 22.
And they covered all the bases it seems - they discussed the franchise, Madden NFL as a live service, high-level commitments for Madden 21 and 22, and concluded it with the community's involvement in the whole process.
"The game you buy on launch day is only the beginning of the annual Madden NFL 21 journey. Our commitment to you is to deliver meaningful change to the game throughout the year. In Madden NFL 21, we’ll expand our dedicated live service team to allow for more focused delivery of Franchise improvements based on your feedback, while continuing to evolve the broader game for our wide cross-section of Madden fans."
EA didn't commit to a fixed plan, which is perfectly understandable for once, but they did say they're planning on two or three title updates. They've actually been mining seasoned Maden NFL veterans for feedback and analysing own data, and they'll keep doing it so make yourself heard.
The following list of Madden NFL 21 and 22 improvements is an evolving one, according to EA, so expect more along the way.
- TUNING - Improved progression and regression of players. Improve core player progression into the future such that X-Factors and other abilities for older players work well with incoming rookie classes.
- COMMISSIONER TOOLS - See a more detailed summary below.
- AI PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT - The AI will make better team management decisions in the draft, free agency and trades.
- PLAYOFF and SUPER BOWL PRESENTATION - Improve and refresh.
- X-FACTOR / SUPERSTAR ABILITY CUSTOMIZATION - Introduce the ability to customize X-Factor and Abilities on all players, allowing you to customize your roster as you see fit.
- CAREERS STATS UI - Improved UI showing historical player performances. More immersion and depth on how players have progressed in your Franchise.
- TRADE LOGIC - More fidelity, depth, and authenticity.
- RETIREMENT UI - Better insight into retirements each season to allow players to react/manage.
- PLAYOFFS UPDATE - Add an authentic playoff bracket screen to see who’s in, who’s won and who’s up next.
Madden NFL 2022, on the other hand, is in very early stages of planning, although they've identified several areas of note, like coaching and staff management, new team chemistry system, Commissioner Tools improvements. And as usual - more content.
You can find the full post here .