She has not been for long on the Rift, both figuratively and literally, and Bel'Veth is immediately being hit with an array of nerfs to curb her power.
Bel'Veth is the Void Empress, the newest League of Legends champion, released the last patch. And, though she has not been long in League of Legends, Riot Games are nerfing her kit, as she has grown far too powerful, far too quickly:
- Basic attack range increased, base health regen and growth decreased
- Passive stack value increased early and now reaches the maximum at level 13, while large minions now grant 1 stack
- E base damage decreased, and its life steal decreased late
- R bonus attack range and explosion damage based on the enemy's missing health no longer increase with rank, with Void Remora health decreased early and now increases with rank.
The reasoning Riot Games gave for this line of nerfs to Bel'Veth is due to the fact that The Empress of the Void is reigning with a bit too much terror in lower and average skill brackets. They say that these nerfs should reduce her strength in lower levels of play to a more stable win rate across the board.
Developers add that a few visual updates have also been made to Bel'Veth's true form based on player feedback!
Additionally, patch 12.12 brings a host of buxfixes to the champion as well:
- Bel'Veth's true form E - Royal Maelstrom animation has been tweaked at higher attack speeds
- Bel'Veth's true form basic attack animation has been adjusted to swing slightly less at slower attack speeds
- Sheen will no longer proc if Bel'Veth attempts to cast Q - Void Surge in a direction that is on cooldown
- Bel'Veth's Q - Void Surge no longer deals double the intended true damage from R - Endless Banquet's passive
These bug fixes, and many others, were to be expected for a new champion with such an interesting silhouette. Every floating champion in League of Legends is bound to run into issues with terrain and animation. The damage bugs, though, are a different matter. Gotta get her OP somehow.