Humankind is celebrating its big November update with a month-long celebration of Dia de los Muertos. This will be the first live event in the game.
Humankind was released back in August and it's already at its fourth major patch. The "Fabius Maximus" patch is finally live for PC. On top of this, the first of many planned live events is coming up soon.
Fabius Maximus Patch
Changes have landed for Humankind's game settings, pacing, balancing and mod support.
- Resource abundance: players can now control the amount of luxury and strategic resources on the map.
- Avatar and persona system: The process of picking your opponents just became a bit more interesting with the "random persona" option. It does what it says on the tin.
- Colour picker settings: there's a brand-new colour picker that'll help you change the hue of the subtitles and the available empire colours, as well as some presets for common forms of colour blindness.
Pacing and balancing
- Neolithic era: The devs have slowed down growth and capped the early power spike gained from delaying the Ancient era (less food gained from Sanctuaries, stronger mammoths).
- Late game: Bringing the cost of technologies and constructions in line with the resource yields achieved by our players, as well as stability impact of districts and wondrous luxury resources making it hard to maintain very high stability in the late game.
- Cultures: The devs are rebalancing some cultures, particularly at the two ends of the "power" spectrum. Combat strength and cost of units have also received a once-over.
- Civics: Several civics' effects have been revised, Nuclear Disarmament included.
- Affinities: The expansionist affinity is now looking more appealing.
Modding tools: mod.io has been integrated into the game. Players can now log into their accounts and download the stuff they fancy. The first version of the Humankind mod tools will also soon be available on Steam.
The next patch will be deployed later this month and add new settings for end game conditions other than the 300-turn limit.
Dia de los Muertos event
This is the first Seasonal Event in Humankind. Dia de los Muertos will kick off on November 3 and end on November 30. During this time of the year, the border between the spirit world and the living world dissolves, and the souls of the dead may return to feast, drink, dance, and play music with their loved ones.
Complete all the Chapter challenges before November 30 to earn new Symbols, Decorations, and the Catrina avatar preset for your collection.