H1Z1: King of the Kill got a pretty substantial update. The Combat Update simplifies navigation, improves the combat mechanics and more. Preseason 6 with all new scoring and cleared leaderboards starts as soon as the update rolls out.
H1Z1: King of the Kill just got its first big update for this year. Daybreak Games released a patch that contains a new weapon - the Hellfire 4-6 submachine gun - and revamps the game’s core mechanics and gunplay.
The Combat Update simplifies navigation, improves the combat mechanics and more. Now let's make like every girl in 2017 and gush over the highlights. If you didn't get that, I envy you greatly.
- New Weapon: The fast-firing Hellfire 4-6 submachine gun, designed for close-quarter fights.
- Intuitive Gunplay: All guns have been rebalanced so now every weapon has a unique play style. The weapons have also been modernized, and that means "improved weapon ballistics, hitmarkers, recoil and animation for better proficiency and precision".
- Dynamic Cameras: "The camera system has been improved to better showcase characters and make it easier to move and loot around the world." Yaay for loot.
- New POIs: Five of them: East Valley Shopping Center, Harris County Fairgrounds, CWP Water Treatment Authority, CWP Utilities Compound 62, and a remade Sunny Pines residential area.
- Improved Navigation: "The compass has been updated to ease navigation through the world" and now you can even place a waypoint marker on the map.
- And More: "Various world systems improvements have been implemented, the ability to shred footwear has been added, bleed mechanics have been simplified, and throwables have been upgraded to be more efficient to use and equip."
Also, Preseason 6 starts as soon as the update is released. There is all-new scoring for Solos, Duos, and Fives. All leaderboards and Top 10s have been cleared for the new season. There's a bunch more info on the latest update to be found in the patch notes .