It may be the last Google Stadia update this year, but the company made sure it's a good one. Namely, Stadia Achievements are live on Chrome and Chromecast, which should give you something to do while navigating between ugly jumpers and hangovers.
Google's Stadia team will also be taking a break for the holidays, hence the last annual update, and there's every reason to be excited about their return.
"We wanted to drop a post into the community before the holidays and are hoping to have more regular updates starting next year. We can't promise that we'll always have changes or updates to announce, but you will get more regular notes from us", they wrote.
Google Stadia's Achievements offer the following features:
- On both Chrome browser and Chromecast, players can open their own profile to view the last three achievements earned for the last game played. Clicking on one of these achievements will open a detailed Achievements page.
- On Chrome browser, players can open a full view of all games played by the player.
- Selecting a game will open a detailed page containing all Achievements for a game, status of each achievement, and progress if provided by the game.
- Players can view the Achievements of other players who have chosen to make them visible by selecting the other player’s profile.
- You can control who can view your Achievements in your Stadia Settings, under Friends & privacy..
If you were hoping for mobile support, however, you'll have to wait until 2020, but Google are promising much more for that period.
Google reminded that Stadia Pro deals are having some sweet discounts on various editions of Borderlands 3, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Grid, Just Dance and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.