In the latest weekly update, Gears 5 developer The Coalition have revealed that a new character will be coming to the game in the next update, which is coming in a week or so.
Gears 5 is set to receive fifth and final character of Operation 2. Named Kantus, the new character is a villain and it's set for release this month as part of Title Update 4.
The Kantus model, like the Locust Drone released in December, has been rebuilt from the ground up to look the best he ever has, ready for you to take him onto the battlefield in Core or into the action of Arcade. In Arcade, the Kantus is a mirror of Lizzie Carmine with the following abilities and loadouts:
- Passive: Hot Footed – Taking damage makes you move faster for a brief time
- Loadout: Lancer, Talon, Smoke
- Weapon Tree: Shock Grenade (2), Gnasher (4), Dropshot (6)
- Skull Bounty: Multi-kill Eliminations
Of course, just like with all other characters, the Kantus will be earnable through his craftable Totem and unique associated challenges. You can take a look at all of them below:
- Earn 60,000 XP playing Versus, Horde or Escape with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Get 300 Eliminations with Locust Weapons with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Revive 75 Teammates with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Get 100 Assists in Versus with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Complete 6 Acts of Escape on Advanced difficulty or above with the Kantus Totem equipped
On top of this, everyone that got the Operation 2: Free For All bundle will also get Kantus automatically added to their inventory for free.
The new update also brings some matchmaking changes such as estimated wait time feature to provide a rough estimate of the search time before finding a match per playlist. You can find more details in .