Epic Games' Battle Royale game just got a fresh update that introduces some new styles, new XP revenue streams and more.
There's a brand new update now live in Fortnite Battle Royale and here's a rundown of the most exciting changes coming to the Island.
New Chug Splash flavour
Those in charge over at the Chug Splash HQ came out with a new flavour for the cooler days: Chili Chug Splash. The drink will restore a player's Health and Shield but also boost one's energy and speed. The Brat will hook everyone up with the Exotic Chili Chug Splashes, in exchange for some Bars. Players can also find the new flavour in Loot Llamas.
The new flavour of Chug Splash also brought about the re-release of the original. The original flavour will grant players the familiar amounts of Health and Shield. Everyone can pick up the OG Chug Splash as normal loot.
Hunter’s Cloak: The Island dwellers have figured out how to craft Hunter’s Cloak (again) and it's by combining Meat. Still goss but the newly remembered recipe calls for less Meat than before.
New in Fortnite Battle Royale in v18.10
Super Level Styles and XP improvements
Players who get past Level 100 had Bonus Styles for Chapter 2 Season 8 Outfits to look forward to and now they can also add Season’s Super Level Styles. The new Styles await those who manage to surpass Level 140 this season. New runic Styles are available for Charlotte, Kor, Fabio Sparklemane, J.B. Chimpanski, and Torin.
Improvements to XP in Battle Royale:
- XP earned from Daily Punchcard missions has been increased.
- Weekly Punchcard XP has been reduced.
- All new and future Character Punchcards have increased XP rewards.
- Added XP to Bars in all Shared Quests.
Toona Fish Styles
Fortnite is now richer for a bunch of new Toona Fish Quest Styles. There are 20 new styles you can get your hands on right now and one special style that will remain a mystery, for now.
Fortnite V18.10 Balance Changes
- Slipstreams will disable at the final Storm circle in core playlists.
- Slipstreams will disable at phase 5 of the Storm in competitive playlists.
- Chug Cannons are no longer available from Loot Llamas. In the Chug Cannons’ place are the spicy Chili Chug Splashes.
- In competitive playlists, Sideways Anomalies will despawn earlier than they did previously.
- The Rail Gun has been removed from competitive playlists.
Fortnite V18.10 Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue involving vehicles taking heavy damage when colliding with Mothership wreckage pieces.
- Fixed an issue involving Donation Boards displaying items in English even when another language was selected.
- Fixed an issue involving voice chat on Nintendo Switch not connecting to party chat after the player left and rejoined the party.
Fortnite V18.10 Competitive notes
- Arena Hype has been reset for each player.
- The Hunter’s Cloak is not included in competitive playlists.