The Legend Returns is the first major update to be released for Stormblood. The patch brings a new Shinryu trial - The Minstrel's Ballad, a new PvP mode and a bunch of other cool stuff. Letter from the Producer Live broadcast, Yoshida revealed in-game model of the "Return to Ivalice" monster designed by guest creator Keita Amemiya.
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood got a new patch. The Patch 4.1 is known among its friends as "The Legend Returns". This is the first major update to be released for Stormblood and as such, it continues the main scenario questline following the liberation of Ala Mhigo.
Players will also be able to challenge a new Shinryu trial - The Minstrel's Ballad: Shinryu's Domain - and tackle the "Ultimate" battle series with the debut of The Unending Coil of Bahamut. The Legend Returns will also mark the beginning of the "Return to Ivalice" alliance raid series, which will take players to the ruins of the city of Rabanastre.
During the recent Letter from the Producer Live broadcast, Yoshida revealed in-game model of the "Return to Ivalice" monster designed by guest creator Keita Amemiya. Amemiya is the creator of the Garo television and film series, from which the Patch 3.5 PvP gear, weapons, and mount designs originated.
Here's a rundown of the features:
- Adventurer Squadrons - Players can explore a number of dungeons with a party of three squadron members.
- New Housing Area: "Shirogane" - a new Far Eastern themed housing area.
- New PvP Mode: Rival Wings - Two teams of 24 players will go head to head in an attempt to assault and destroy the opposing team’s tower. Players will also be able to pilot goblin creations such as Oppressor and Cruise Chaser to engage the opposing team in combat.
- Battle Adjustments - Yoshida touched on a sampling of changes and adjustments to job actions.
- System Enhancements - The introduction of a cross-world Friends list and /tell communication, updates to HUD customization, job gauge displays, cross-world alliances and custom PvP matches, and Party Finder adjustments provide players with an even more personalized gameplay experience.
- "Perform" - Bards can now create their own songs through new hotbar actions that play musical notes.