Valve released a lengthy blog post about Dota 2 changes regarding the Guild system and announced the new cosmetics that will be available for shards during autumn 2020.
Dota Plus members can now purchase a new set of treasures with shards. In total, there are 12 community-created sets that can be acquired for:
- Nyx Assassin
- Vengeful Spirit
- Faceless Void
- Crystal Maiden
Furthermore, Valve's plans for the treasures will be altered in that a new one will be available for purchase every three months. The next one is scheduled for December 1, 2020, after which they will switch to the three-month rotation.
Besides the current ways to earn shards, Dota Plus subscribers will earn up to 57,850 shards from the new batch of quests that will be available during autumn 2020.
On top of that, Valve seem to be looking to boost the value of Dota Plus by transferring some features that were previously available through the Battle Pass:
- Chat Wheel sound effects will now be available by redeeming shards
- Pull timers when holding Alt are now available to subscribers
- Post-game breakdowns for healing and gold are now merged in the Dota Plus tab
- Battle Pass MVP is now available for everyone but subscribers get extra shards with a new quest
- Avoid Players list expanded to 25 from 16
Guild Level is getting removed with a weekly leaderboard of guild points replacing it. This region-wide feature will show the new guild ranks once a week and award members with shards. Dota Plus members will earn double the amount.