Cyberpunk 2077's standalone Multiplayer version could have Heists and Deathmatch mode, according to the latest datamine which also reveals P2P connection and some other details.
CD Projekt Red are currently working on a standalone multiplayer version of Cyberpunk 2077 which should be coming once the team fixes the current version of the game, which suffers from many bugs and issues.
The multiplayer is expected sometime in early 2022, even though it's has been scheduled to arrive this year. However, as we already mentioned, the focus of the devs is now solely on the Cyberpunk 2077 that we have right now, not the multiplayer.
Anyway, today we have some new details about the multiplayer, which have been datamined from the game's executable file. According to the file, Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer version will have at least two game modes - Heists and Deathmatch.
These have been found in the files along with some additional functions which you can check out here.
Additionally, the files also include a debug scoreboard which contains several categories which you can read down below:
- PLAYER NAME | KILLS | DEATHS | STATUS | PING | ID
- PLAYER NAME |
- KILLS |
- DEATHS |
- STATUS |
- PING |
- PLAYER NAME
- P L A Y E R S
As for the Deathmatch mode, dataminers found some interesting lines and functions:
- ++ %s joined the match
- >> %s killed %s
- You sent yourself directly to hell! Please don’t come back
- Wow! You killed yourself… Bravo.
- Your bullet was stronger than your self-esteem
- Your shot destroyed your own body and soul. Duh
- You sent %s directly to hell!
- Wow! You killed %s without compassion
- Your bullet was stronger than %s’s head
- Your shot destroyed %s’s body and soul
- %s sent you directly to hell!
- Wow! %s killed you without compassion
- %s’s bullet was stronger than your head
- %s’s shot destroyed your body and soul
It seems that the game will also rely on P2P connection, not dedicated servers , which will certainly disappoint many players. However, since Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer is still in development, you should take this with a grain of salt, since it's not coming from the official channels.