Conan Exiles is still in Early Access and this is the game's 24th update. The update brought a new dungeon and a new boss, as well as some fresh items and foes.
Under the Unnamed City lies a network of sewer pipes and within them, new weapons, items and more. The city is ancient and the inhabitants used to practice black magic. Scared yet? Just you wait, soon enough you'll also feel inadequate.
Conan Exiles is still in Early Access and its latest update brought a new sewer dungeon The Dregs, new recipes and resources as well as some new foes to kill. There's even a new, acid spraying, odd looking boss.
If yours is a mid level character, go enjoy yourself killing albino komodos, the undead and it by solving some puzzles.
The Abysmal Remnant is a slug-like monster which spews around green acid and looks like a demon made when an overly eager player took it too far with the slider while making his character. The boss attacks with "sprays of lethal acid and bites with crunching jaws filled with huge teeth".
Anyway, "great awards await" once you slay the beast.
The great awards you get are the new recipes and resources that will allow you to craft glowy torches and armour from reptile hide. That will be the new medium armour and the light and heavy ones will soon follow.
By the way, those torches will burn under water as well. You'll need that as you're going into a network of sewer pipes, remember. A new sword and dagger plus new sets of bolts and arrows can also be found in the new dungeon.
Check out the full patch notes below:
- Added "The Dregs" which is a level 10-20 group encounter, soloable at level 30+
- Added new recipes which can be obtained from exploring the new dungeon
- Added new armor and melee weapons recipes
- Added new ranged ammunition recipes
- Added new consumables recipes
- All reptiles now drop reptile hide
- Added several chests of different tiers to the dungeon
General bug fixes and improvements
- EXPLOIT FIX: Fixed a case where you could duplicate Avatars
- Fixed a client crash when having a thrall in your inventory and attempting to dye an armor piece
- Lootbags now properly allow you to add to a stack during looting
- Equipped items can now also show tooltips
- Overlapping structure pieces can no longer be made to float
- Stability now propagates correctly across pillars. Lowest pillars support higher pillar
- Upgrading foundations no longer destroys placeables on them
- Fixed some cases of disappearing items
- Fixed invisible collision on Blacksmith's Benches
- Blacksmith Benches no longer play audio if no thrall is present
- Imps, ostriches and other non-humanoids no longer go bonkers if you hit them with a truncheon
- Trophies and wall lanterns can be placed correctly on walls
- Fixed a client crash if you died with a thrall in your inventory
- It is no longer possible to summon an Avatar while in mid air
- The True Names of gods will now decay within 48 hours
- Binding to a bedroll now respawns player correctly on death
- EXPLOIT FIX: Fixed armor duplication on unconcious bodies
- If you put stackable items (arrows) in a container and restart then stacksize should no longer be set to 1
- Explosive Jars no longer cause dmg if structural dmg is disabled
- Yellow Lotus Potions no longer duplicate if moving out of render range
Balance and gameplay fixes
- NPCs in camps should ignore land claim system
- Lootbags no longer give shelter
- Interaction System now selects objects closest to center of the screen
- Disabled 2H spear secondary attack
- Re-enabled the hammer secondary attack
- It should now be easier to interact with loot bags dropped on trebuchet foundations
- Thrall armorers (especially tier 3 and 4) now have more recipes
- Trebuchet can no longer inflict damage to structures during PvP and PvE time restrictions
- Added warning notification before you start to take damage from hunger or thirst
- Fixed problems with the character legs during attack, crouch and gathering animations
- Fixed several trees which looked like they had underwater animations in the distance
- NPCs (and Hyenas in particular) should no longer shake/move when attacking in close proximity to another NPC
- Fixed certain building pieces disappearing at long range
- NPCs now animate correctly at distance on local play
Performance and tech fixes
- Disabled moonlight during day
- Fixed a server crash when attacking indestructible structures with Avatars
Text and localization
- Added tooltip to server settings panel
- Additional localization for RU, PL and BR translations
- Added better descriptions to the gods
- Various GUI and text fixes
- Fixed problems with color picker for eyes
Made it all the way through ha? Good job.