It is now safe to say that Origins will be the title of the next Assassin's Creed game. American retailer Target apparently has pre-order bonus cards for the game lying around somewhere and isn't paying too much attention to who might take pictures of one.
With For Honor losing over 90 per cent of its since launch, Watch Dogs 2 still and Ghost Recon: Wildlands performing about For Honor post launch, UbiSoft simply can't afford a anymore. Just kidding, they are still loaded, because everyone keeps pre-ordering the manure UbiSoft has made a business of shovelling out.
So why bother with changing a system that works? The latest Assasin's Creed: Origins leak is generous with its pre-order information. Someone has managed to get their hands on a pre-order bonus card from Target and promptly it to Reddit, or so the official story goes.
It is far more likely that his is one of those semi-deliberate hype-building , but now we know for sure that the next Assasins Creed will be taking place in Egypt, and involve shields, bows and arrows in some capacity.
Base Game + Deluxe Pack Seasson Pass + Steel Book is the mantra on the cover.
Let us go through the reasonable purchases guide one more time, for all those who missed it.
- Do not preorder games unless you are 100% certain you will buy it on launch anyway, or you absolutely HAVE TO have that sweet sweet horse armour DLC.
- Do not assume that £50 for a digital purchase equalling £50 for a physical copy is somehow ok.
- It's never too late to get a season pass.
- There is no such thing as free. If you aren't paying with money, you will most likely pay with your time.
- Early Access = Beta with a price tag.
- ALL games go on sale eventually. Patience and informed purchases go a long way towards preventing buyers remorse.
More information will most likely be coming our way during UbiSoft's E3 presentation taking place in a few days.