Short Nite - Fortnite's upcoming film festival will showcase a series of short films from February 20 until February 21, 2021. The total runtime of the Short Nite series is approximately 30 minutes.
Fortnite will soon host a film festival. The Fortnite Presents Short Nite Film Festival will start on February 20, 2021, at 7:00 p.m. GMT. Ending on February 21 at 7:00 p.m. GMT, Short Nite will bring acclaimed animated film shorts to Party Royale’s Big Screen.
Short NIte Short Summary
The animated shorts featured in Short Nite have been sourced from around the world. Among those shown during the festival, will be a couple of films previously nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film.
The total runtime of the Short Nite series is about 30 minutes, and the series will repeat non-stop for 24 hours. Players will also have the option to watch Short Nite in standard Battle Royale via Picture-in-Picture, available at the start of Short Nite and every two hours afterwards.
Check the nearest concession stand for a fresh batch of pixelated popped corn. Starting the day before Short Nite - February 19, 2021, at 00:00 a.m. GMT - the new Jumbo Popcorn Emote will be available in the Item Shop.
Subtitles and Content Creation
Subtitles in your preferred language will be available. Just enable the subtitles in the Audio Settings.
Content Creators will be asked not to record the films during the festival but are welcome to invite their fans to join them live. Any streams or VODs of these films (whether from Party Royale or via Picture-in-Picture) will go dark per content protection rules.
Jumping into Party Royale
- Navigate to the Lobby screen and press the "Change" box located in the bottom-right corner.
- Modes will appear on-screen. Select the "Party Royale" mode tile then press "Accept."
- After pressing "Accept," you’ll be back to the Lobby screen. Just press "Play" to start.
Getting to the Big Screen
- You will spawn near The Plaza in the centre of the map. In The Plaza, look for the bridge that extends out near the café and the banana-adorned snack stand.
- Cross the bridge and then follow the trail all the way up the hill.
- You have now arrived at the Big Screen. Settle in and prepare for the show.