Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War has officially launched this morning and sadly, PC players are once again experiencing all sorts of issues. One of them is crashing to desktop with error code 3107840166.
Just like during the beta test, PC players are having all sorts of problems with Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War. Fatal errors, crashing to desktop, stuttering, low FPS. It seems that every PC-related problem can be found in Black Ops Cold War on the game's launch day.
One of the crashing issues reports error code 3107840166, and while Treyarch and Activision are yet to acknowledge the problem and find a solution, some players may have found a temporary fix. Just like with other crashing problems, you can try these solutions below to get the game running properly:
- SCAN AND REPAIR FILES
- First things first, you should Scan and Repair files just in case. Go to Options and click Scan and Repair. Simple.
- DOWNLOAD LATEST GPU DRIVERS
- DOWNCLOCK YOUR GPU (Just a little bit)
- In case you are not tech-savvy, fear not, this is a pretty simple solution. Run MSI Afterburner and downclock your core clock by 100 to 200 MHz and memory clock by 50 MHz. Just use the sliders and click Apply (checkmark icon). Here's a photo if the text doesn't do it for you:
- LOWER YOUR GRAPHICS SETTINGS
- In graphics options, try lowering the settings to Medium and set your render scale at 80 per cent. This should give more breathing space to the GPU and switch some of the workloads to the CPU, potentially solving the issue.
- CHECK YOUR GPU TEMPERATURES
- Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War is a GPU heavy game and it will often crash if your GPU temperatures get too high. Increase your GPU fan speed to cool it better.
If none of these solutions works for you, make sure to regularly check for potential fixes on Activision forums and Black Ops Cold War Reddit. Hopefully, though, Treyarch and Activision will soon fix the problems.