Sony had several major announcements at CES 2023 including a new adaptive controller, new VR games and sales update for PlayStation 5.
During their CES 2023 keynote, Sony shared a couple of big news regarding their PlayStation 5 console, some new hardware and most importantly, games.
The company confirmed that PlayStation 5 has sold 30 million units worldwide, which is an impressive milestone for the new hardware.
Sony also said the demand is still very high but they are able to ship more units than before hence the major sales increase over the several months.
PlayStation 5 adaptive controller was another major announcement at CES 2023. The controller is currently codenamed Project Leonardo and will be highly customisable, designed to help players with disabilities play more easily for longer periods.
Additionally, we got a confirmation that Gran Turismo 7 is coming to PSVR 2 on launch while the popular rhythm game Beat Saber will get a free upgrade for PSVR 2.
All in all, it was a great keynote by Sony with some exciting announcements and reveals.
We expect to hear more about PlayStation games at Sony's next showcase or State of Play, which could be happening in the coming months.
- Elden Ring has surpassed The Last of Us 2 as the most-awarded Game of the Year title
- God of War Ragnarök ended 2022 as number one on UK Boxed Charts
- God of War Ragnarök player beats The Valkyrie Queen Gna in just thirteen seconds
- Death Stranding 2 could be released later than expected
- Horizon Forbidden West wins Digital Foundry's award for the best visuals in 2022