The Fusion 2017 will be a free update for all owners of the Serious Sam games, both "flat" and VR
The update will bring a cross game mods support, and enable multiplayer mode between the "flat" and VR games, so the players from the SSVR: The First Encounter and The First Encounter HD can team up and play co-op or versus each other. It will be released gradually, starting with The First Encounter, followed by The Second Encounter and Serious Sam 3: BFE.
The complete list of Serious Fusion 2017 update features:
- All games now support SteamOS/Linux/OSX
- 64bit executables
- Support for Vulkan API
- Multithreaded rendering
- The new “lightweight” savegame system; savegames are now saved much faster, are very small and stored in the Steam cloud, and savegames still work even if a level is changed in a patch, or if a mod is updated
- Full support for all controllers including Steam controller, PS4 gamepads, all older DInput joysticks
- Proper multimonitor support
- Borderless window support
- Customizable sound outputs
- Proper 3D audio using a proprietary sound-mixer
- Improved physics engine with better handling of character movement
- Texture streaming in all games
- Much better modding support with customizable weapons and items, improved scripting
- Lots of other improvements, optimizations and fixes
The last feature to be added is going to make it possible to ship the updated code towards all titles more easily and regularly.
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope “Shanti” update is going through internal testing at the moment. The update will include the new planet "Shanti", two new weapons, Sam's personal shield and a new boss.
The Talos Principle, SSVR: The Second Encounter and Serious Sam 3 VR: BFE are in the works, and so is Serious Sam 4.